Testosterone Cypionate – Testabol Depot Inject Information
Purpose Active Ingredient
Anabolic/Androgenic Steroid androgenic hormone cypionate
Banrot, Testosterona Ultra, painter Depo, Testo LA, Testex mortal Prolongatum, Cypiotest L/A, Deposteron, Depo-testosterone, Cypiobolic, Testex, Testabol Depot, Andro-Cyp, Andronaq LA, Andronate, D-Test 100/200, Dep-Test, Dep-Testosterone, Dep Andro-100-200, Depotest, Duratest-100-200, Malogen Cyp, Testa-C 200, Testoject, Testred Cypionate, Testosteron-C Depot, Dura Test, Testred Cypionate, Cypionax.
Uses of Testosterone Cypionate
To treat conditions of inadequate testosterone in men when the body is unable to produce enough testosterone (hypogonadism); it is also useful in treating other conditions as assessed by the attending doctor.
A sex hormone for males, Testosterone Cypionate functions through the replacement or supplementation of natural testosterone produced in the body.
Restriction for use of Testosterone Cypionate
- In case of known allergy to any components in Testosterone Cypionate
- In case of prevailing, or plan, for pregnancy, or if currently breast-feeding
- In case of known or suspected prostate cancer, breast cancer of the male,, major heart, kidney or liver ailments
Consult with attending doctor or health care provider promptly if case of any of the above symptoms.
Pre-alert for using Testosterone Cypionate
Certain types of medical conditions may cause adverse reactions with Testosterone Cypionate. Consult with the doctor or pharmacist for any prevailing medical conditions, particularly if the undernoted conditions are applicable:
- in case of pregnancy is being planned, or there is ongoing breast-feeding
- in case of currently using prescription or OTC medicines, herbal formulations, or dietary additives
- in case of known allergies to medicines, foods, or other items of ingestion
- in case of prevailing heart disease, coronary artery disease, heart failure, high cholesterol levels angina (chest pain), sleep apnea (long pauses in breathing while you sleep), swelling (edema) or lung disease
- in case of known diabetes, kidney or liver disease, enlarged prostate, obesity or high blood calcium levels
Certain drugs and medications may cause adverse reactions from Testosterone Cypionate. Consult with health care provider when on a course or life of other medications, particilularly in case of any of the following:
- Carbamazepine, macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), or oxyphenbutazone due to the risk of possible side effects that may be brought about by combining with Testosterone Cypionate
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), oral hypoglycemics (eg, glyburide) or insulin, as side effects like risk of bleeding may be brought about by Testosterone Cypionate
- Propranolol, because of loss of its effectiveness by Testosterone Cypionate
The above does not purport be a complete list of all possible adverse interactions with Testosterone Cypionate. Consulting with the health care provider is advised on whether Testosterone Cypionate could react with any other medication being taken. Verification of this status with your health care provider prior to starting, suspending, or altering dosage of any other medication programs.
Method of Using Testosterone Cypionate
- It is safe to use Testosterone Cypionate under the directions of the attending physician. Understand the specific dosage instructions on the label provided.
- Testosterone Cypionate is commonly administered by intermuscular injection at doctor’s premises, hospital, or medical facility. For using Testosterone Cypionate through self-injection, a health care provider can demonstrate its proper administration. Ensuring clarity in understanding on the proper way for suing Testosterone Cypionate strictly observe the procedures demonstrated by the health care provider. For further guidance, approaching the health care provider is suggested.
- Testosterone Cypionate is a clear liquid without any visible density. In case the vial is cracked or contains undissolved matter, or appears cloudy and discolored, do not apply and refer back to the pharmacist who provided the medicine.
- This medicine along with its application peripherals like syringes or needles shout be stored beyond the reach of young children or pets. Needles are not for reuse nor syringes and other related items. Consult the health care provider on effective disposal of such used items, observing local rules in this regard.
- When a dose of Testosterone Cypionate is missed, it should be taken at the earliest but not if close to the dose, in which case the skipped dose may be ignored altogether, to resume your next dose as per the regular schedule. Increasing or doubling the next dose is never advisable.
Consult the health care provider on this or any aspect of the best method of using Testosterone Cypionate.
Critical Testosterone Cypionate safety information
- Inform the doctor or dentist on using Testosterone Cypionate prior to receiving any other medication or dental attention, emergency or surgical procedure.
- For patients undergoing treatment for Diabetes, Testosterone Cypionate could affect the blood sugar level. For verification and monitoring of blood sugar levels, consult the attending doctor before any change in the regimen of diabetes treatment.
- As Testosterone Cypionate may distort results of certain lab tests ensure that the doctor and lab assistant made aware of the use of Testosterone Cypionate.
- Many lab tests like for liver function, blood cholesterol, blood cell counts, prostatic specific antigen, blood testosterone or bone growth may be performed during usage of Testosterone Cypionate, and may be safely conducted to monitor health status or watch for adverse reactions. Ensure that all doctor appointments and lab test schedules are adhered to.
- Using utmost caution when administering Testosterone Cypionate to elderly recipients due to their increased sensitive to adverse side effects, especially in the presence of an enlarged prostate or related carcinoma.
- Testosterone Cypionate should again be administered with highest caution when using on children younger than 18 years of age as safety and effectiveness on such age group not confirmed.
- Due to the presence of benzyl alcohol, in no event should Testosterone Cypionate be used on newborns or infants as it may result in severe and possibly fatal nervous system impairment or other dangerous side effects.
- Likewise, for cases of pregnancy and breast-feeding, use of Testosterone Cypionate may harm the fetus. It is unknown whether Testosterone Cypionate is available in breast milk and therefore Testosterone Cypionate is not for use by women.
Possible Testosterone Cypionate side effects
All medicines carry the hazard or adverse side effects, but most users have none, or only minor side effects. Consult with the doctor if any of the following most common side effects appear or become persistent:
Acne; change in sex drive, bitter or strange taste in mouth; fatigue; gum pain; gum or mouth irritation; gum tenderness; headache, hair loss or swelling.
Refer to the doctor promptly in the event of any of the following serious side effects emerge:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; itching, hives;; difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, lips, or tightness in the chest); change in the shape or size of testicles, breast growth or pain, depression or mood swings, movements of light-colored bowel or dark urine, dizziness, gingivitis, loss of appetite, interrupted breathing during sleep, nausea, stomach pain, painful or prolonged erection, swelling of the legs or ankles, weight gain, yellowing of the skin or eyes or urination problems.
The above does not purport be a complete list of all possible adverse interactions with Testosterone Cypionate. For further information on possible side effects, consulting the doctor or health care provider is advised.
Emergency for Testosterone Cypionate overdose
Approach the local toxicity control center or hospital emergency facility immediately. Initial symptoms may cover confusion; vision problems or one-sided weakness.
Required Testosterone Cypionate storage
Testosterone Cypionate must be store at ambient room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Prevent proximity to heat and exposure to moisture and light. This medicine is not for storage in the bathroom. Deny children and pets all access to Testosterone Cypionate.
General about Testosterone Cypionate
Testosterone Cypionate is a prescription drug strictly meant for use of the specific patient only and is not for sharing with others without advice of a doctor. If symptoms do not show improvement or conditions deteriorate further, advice of the attending doctor is recommended.
The above write-up is a brief summary only and does not cover all aspects on Testosterone Cypionate. For further details on the medicine being already taken or being to be used, consulting with the attending medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other health care provider, is advised.