Testosterone gel 1% – Cernos Information
Purpose Active Ingredient
Anabolic sex hormone Steroid testosterone
Androgel, Testim, Zandrova gel, Androlone gel, AndroGel 1%, Testim 1%, Androderm, FIRST-Testosterone, Testoderm, Cernos.
About Testosterone gel 1%
Composed of testosterone, Testosterone 1% is a prescribed medicine used for treating the adult males with low or negligible testosterone.
Before you start or while consume Testosterone gel 1%, your health care expert is likely to take you for a blood test. Although inadequate consumption of Testosterone by the children may harm their bone growth, it is still unknown if this drug is secured and effective for children below the age of 18 years. However, women mustn’t consume this medicine.
Important facts about Testosterone gel 1%
When you apply Testosterone gel 1%, it gets transferred to others body from yours when another person happens to get in touch with the part where you have applied the medicine.
Increased puberty has been witnessed in a young child when they accidentally get expose to a skin-to-skin touch with those men using Testosterone gel 1%. So, children and women must avoid coming in contact with uncovered or unwashed area where this gel is applied. If a child or a woman touches the application area of the gel, the area contacted with the gel must immediately be washed off with water and soap.
Follow these instructions mentioned below to avoid the risk of transferring the gel to others from your body:
- The application area of Testosterone gel 1% must the upper arms and the shoulders because it gets covered with the sleeves of the t-shirt
- After applying this gel you must wash your hand properly
- Wear a cloth after the gel dries up
- The area must be kept covered till you wash it off or take a shower
- Wash the application area with water and soap if you are expecting another person to get in touch with you.
If you notice any unusual symptoms in a woman or a child who gets accidentally exposed to Testosterone gel 1%, call the health care expert immediately. Some signs that many occur in women are increased acne and alteration in hair on the body. Some signs in child may be enlarged clitoris, increased sexual drive or erections, aggressiveness and early growth of hair near the pubes.
Who must apply Testosterone suits?
Testosterone mustn’t be used by those who have conceived or is breast-feeding. This gel may harm the unborn or the newborn feeding baby. Those who have prostate and breast cancer should not use Testosterone gel 1%.
Women who have conceived or is planning pregnancy should avoid coming in contact with skin area where this gel is applied. So, before consuming this drug, talk to your doctor if you any of the above conditions applies to you.
Things you should tell your doctor before you use Testosterone gel 1%
Before starting to take Testosterone gel 1%, tell your doctor if you are suffering of:
- Kidney disease
- Liver problems
- Breast and prostate cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Enlarged prostate that leads to urinary trouble
- Heart problem
- Other medical problems
It is advisable not to use Testosterone gel 1% with any other medicine as one may affect the functioning of other. You must inform your doctor about all other medicine you consume including the prescribed or non-prescribed medicines, herbal tonics and vitamins. Also inform your health care expert if you consume insulin, corticosteroids and medicines that basically decrease clotting of blood.
Prepare a list of all the medicines you talk and consult your doctor whenever you begin taking a new medicine. It is important you know what medicines you are taking. So ask your doctor or pharmacist about it if you aren’t very sure.
How to use Testosterone gel 1%?
Testosterone gel 1% must exactly be used as directed by your healthcare provider.
Consult your doctor about how and when to use Testosterone gel 1%.
Do not change the dose of Testosterone gel 1% on your own without consulting your doctor. Your doctor may change the dose as required.
The gel must be applied at the same time in the morning after bathing.
Wash hands with water and soap after applying Testosterone gel 1%.
The gel must only be applied on the upper arms and the shoulders because they get covered with sleeves of the t-shirt. Don’t apply the gel to any other body part like abdomen, scrotum or penis.
This gel is inflammable till it gets dry. Avoid going near the smoking zone or open flame till the gel dries.
Do not swim, bath or shower for next 2 hours after applying Testosterone gel 1%.
The side effects of Testosterone gel 1%
Testosterone gel 1% leads to severe side effects stated as follows:
- Increased chances of prostate cancer. Before you begin using Testosterone gel 1%, your health care provider would check if you have prostate cancer or other related problems.
- If you are already suffering of an enlarged prostate gland, it may get worse with this medicine. Some symptoms include trouble at passing urine, problem in urine stream, weak or painful urine flow, increase urine at night and day.
- Lowers the sperm count
- Painful and enlarged breasts
- Sleep apnea
- Swelled feet, body or ankle
- Blood clotting, swelling and pain in the legs.
- If you face any of the side effects stated above, contact your doctor right away.
Some common side effects are:
- Irritation in the skin where the gel is applied
- Increased risk of prostate antigen
- Mood change
- Increased count for red blood cells
- Frequent erections or erections for longer duration than usual are some side effects. Go to your health care provider if any side effect bothers you.
Although these aren’t all the side effects of Testosterone, you can collect added information from your doctor. Call them for medical help about the stated side effects.
How to store Testosterone gel 1%?
Keep this gel away from inflammable zone and out of children reach. Store this medicine at 59°F to around 86°F.